Terms and Conditions for Organised Club Rides
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all joining club rides organised by officials of the Axe Valley Pedallers (herein after referred to as the AVP).
By joining the AVP organised rides the ride leader and every participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
- An organised club ride is one where an AVP member is appointed as official ride leader. The ride leader is not required to attend or lead all the rides, their role is one of Club appointed sponsor for the ride.
- The ride leader will provide a short ride description to be advertised on the Club’s website so that it is very clear what type of riders are suited to the ride.
- The ride leader will make sure the weekly ride details and a short post-ride review are posted to the Club’s Facebook page
- The ride leader will act as a contact point for new members/riders joining the ride for the first time
- If the ride leader is unable to make the ride themselves, they are to ensure that they make provision for someone else to lead, else formally cancel the ride.
- The ride leader will informally (with the exception of special events, a roll call/register is not required) monitor rider attendance to ensure that all riders are Club members (visitors and non- members will be permitted up to two rides before joining). If there is any doubt, the ride leader can check membership status with the committee.
- Rides with more than 6 riders require a back marker to ensure all riders are accounted for. The ride leader will appoint a back marker at the start of the ride. If there are no volunteers, the appointed participant will respect the ride leader’s request.
- The participant accepts that the ride they are joining is not a race in any format.
- The participant is fully responsible for their actions while attending the ride. Neither the AVP nor ride leaders accept responsibility for the actions of the member nor the consequences of such actions.
- Each participant is responsible for providing their own insurance protection for their participation on the ride. Any accident or injury caused by the rider’s actions will be the full responsibility of the said rider.
- Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of the AVP or a member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the rider still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
- Each participant agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance advertised. If, during the ride, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
- The participant agrees to wear, as a minimum, a suitably designed cycling specific helmet during the whole riding section of the ride. The AVP reserve the right to refuse a participant to join a ride with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
- The participant confirms that the cycle they are riding for the ride and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state for trail/road worthiness.
- All participants will adhere to the clubs cycling etiquette
Back to Club Rides